1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ex Mark Horror Stories!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lightning01svt, Jul 25, 2003.

1. lightning01svt

lightning01svt LawnSite Member

I have made my decision on which mower to buy. I was picking between the JD737 and the Ex Mark 52" 23hp Kaw. I am considering picking up the Ex Mark in the morning. It is obvious that for the most part, everyone likes the Ex Mark the best. I want to know of any known issues of the Ex Mark that I have not heard yet. I want to know of any bad experiences w/dealers or w/the manufacture. Any problems w/the mower, deck, or any thing else I should look out for. All the help is very appreciated.
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Well, this one time, I flipped over the handle bars. Oh, and this other time, I sunk one in a deep ditch. And this one time at band camp......er....nevermind.

Only horror stories you will most likely here will be the very RARE lemon, which all brands seem to have. But I'm sure the warranty should take care of that.

I LOVE MINE!!:blob4:
  3. lightning01svt

lol Thanks. That is the kind I want to hear. Just don't want to put out wasted money AGAIN for something I did not go over the best I could. I am sure you understand where I am coming from. Thanks again for taking the time to post.
  4. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

we live for **** like this!:D
  5. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Lighhtning, if you don't mind a little piece of advice, I would sugget you get the Lazer over the hp.

Every year I upgrade to the next bigger mower. And at the end of that year I wish I'd spent the extra Grand or two and bought the one bigger than the one I bought better productivity, better cut more horsepower.

However I also understand that one has a budget he/she must follow and or the accounts you have won't allow for anything bigger. But if a 52 incher is what you want, I'd go with the Lazer over the Lazer hp. jm $.02.

Enjoy what ever you decide to purchase.
  6. lightning01svt

You mean this is pretty much an open and shut case? This is really good thing. Nice to see everyone is happy with their Ex Marks! :D
  7. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah, never had any trouble with my Exmarks. Great mower.
  8. lightning01svt

Thanks for the info jsr2741. I will take that into consideration. I think the price is not going to let me get the manly mower this time!:D I maybe able to swing it a little later on. I was not planing on buying another mower for at least two more years, but then again, I was not aware of the problems w/my old mower.

Thanks again.
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i aint hardly believing this . not one horror story ,about an lazer. kinda hard to believe . by the way i run a lazer and think its an amazingly effective and durable machine.ranks right there with the 028 stihl chain saw as being bullet proof. at least mine does.
    only problems i ever had with either was of my own doing.
  10. Horror stories.... Well AW Marks took out a gas meter with his Lazer, does that count?

The thing that goes with any machine, watch what you're doing and take care of it, it will take care of you.