Ex-mark lazer Z pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AMAC, Feb 19, 2004.

1. AMAC

AMAC LawnSite Member
    from MO

I have been shopping around with local dealers and the best price Ive got so far for an Ex-mark 60" Lazer Z with a 27 horse Kawasaki liquid cooled engine, quick dump grass catcher w/weights and striping kit, is $11,235.00, is this a fair price or can I get it cheaper? The dealers here are all great with maintenance, so the dealer is not in question, only the price. If anyone can let me know what your cost of the mower, quick dump grass catcher and striping kit is individually, I would appreciate it.

2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Where at in Mo. are you.

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Buddy of mine just bought one with the 28HP, 60", was a little over $9,000.00.

4. AMAC

AMAC LawnSite Member
    from MO

Elephantnest, was that with all the goodies? or was that just for the mower?

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a good price for the Bagger and the striper!

Take your $11,235 and minus $9,000 and thats $2235 for Liquid Cooled engine, bagger and striper.

I'd take it!

It is a 2004, right?

6. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't finish. My dealer had an new '03 set up with the dump bagger on it and I recall it being in the 11k range. So I'd say your in the ball park as far as that set up goes.

7. AMAC

AMAC LawnSite Member
    from MO

$11,235.00 seems very expensive to me, but if is the best mower for the money, I may consider it. I just want to know if I am paying the right amount.

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

That price doesn't sound too bad,You may get a couple of bucks off of that price but I don't think it would be any great reduction.
    Have him throw in some extra blades,etc.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Tell me why you want a liquid cooled engine,I'm not convinced the added cost is justified when you can buy a new replacement air cooled for about the same cost as getting the added liquid cooling.

10. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

If you are gonna get a bagger go with the air cooled. I have been told that exmark liquid cooled machines have more problems with the pumps, do to added stress of bagger weight.