ex mark mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ameye_zing lawn care, May 18, 2008.

1. Ameye_zing lawn care

Ameye_zing lawn care LawnSite Member
    from macomb

is it the way to go? or is there another as good but for less money if you guys can help me id be very thankful

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

The Exmark AS series is hard to beat for the money. You will get mixed opinions on this site but this is a solid choice for most.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup the Lazer AS is a tried and proven mower!

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I too am a fan of the AS series...

however just about all top end mowers are about the same........

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If your dealer sucks, and alot of them do, then another good thing about exmark is that you can get virtually any part you need from j-thomas or other online sources. I have 3000 hours on my 04 lazer and will not look at other brands at all this time around. I have been very pleased. It is finally starting to show its age, but still cuts and works loike new. Just little things starting to go wrong, like for instance I had to replace leaking oil lines because they had just gotten hard and dry, no rubber left to them. Usual stuff you would expect after that much time and hours.

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone price the 28/72 AS---does it come in under $9,000?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

YES.
    NO.
    YOUR WELCOME.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I swear by exmark walkbehind units, as they are damn near bullet proof, but their ztrs are less than to be desired.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

:rolleyes: Give me a break thats about the dumbest statement I have ever heard. Im not even going to get into this argument. Triton deck is junk but the UltraCut is the undisputed champion for producing the best cut you can get period end of story.

10. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

weve got 4 exmarks , one is a 2 year old 48" and the other new 32" . both with 15 horse kaws and we love them . but on the 48 we got the upright handlebars as opposed to the old fashioned type that point back and downwards , and i hate the upright handle bars . they make it harder to control machine , plus more difficult to tilt it up when you want to scrape bottom or change blades .

but besides my dislike for that style handle bars these machines have been great .

that said im the weed whipper of our 2 man crew and barely run the mowers , and exmark is all weve ran the 7 years ive been doing this so i cant give opinions on them compared to other makes like a bigger company person could .