Ex Shopping

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by buzzyng, May 24, 2008.

1. buzzyng

buzzyng LawnSite Member
    from OR

Mini Ex that is :)

We have been going back and forth on purchasing vs keep renting. Decided to move forward and see what kind of deal we can get for a new one... with the economy down, maybe they are willing to deal a little?

The TB135 , cab, ac/heat, thumb can be had for under $40k. How much more should I expect to pay for a comp equiped Cat 303? and is it worth the $$ when it wont be heavily used.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The TK is more machine than is the CAT. You might look at the 138FR. The side to side boom kicks butt and it is zero tail swing and near zero house swing.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i rented a 305cr about a month ago, brand new machine... WOW was it nice. Great cab, great controls and just a pleasure to operate.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The Cats will be more money.5k to 7 k more.
    They were not a top tier machine until the last Models came out.

The TB135 is a nice machine but I prefer the reduced tail swing in this class.

The Cat also offers angle front blade as well as Kubota.
    To me it is a must have.

Takeuchi will release the series 2 machines as soon as dealer inventory is depleted.

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

If you go with Takeuchi, make sure you dealer swaps the auxiliary control over to the right joystick, that's the only beef I got against the Tak's.

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

What does that matter?

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

All excavators have the thumb control on the right joy stick, and that's been the industry standard for quite some time, for a new comer to an excavator, it's not a big deal, but for a season veteran, it drives you nuts.

8. AWJ Services

from Ga

Must be a Japenese thing.
    My skid is on the left joystick as well as my Kubota.

9. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

it sure is

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have never had an issue with it, but my last mini had the aux. on the floor. I thought that the hand control would be good, but it gets tiring hoe packing holding the button with your thumb.