example of business plans/contracts for service.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenacresman, Dec 12, 2005.

1. greenacresman

greenacresman LawnSite Member

man this site is great my wife thinks iam crazy well maybe. but iam getting some good info on here yawl are great. NOW MY QUESTION I've never been in business before so how do you write a business plan. an a contract for service. thanks for the help. Jeff ><> >>>-------------->

2. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

You could go to your local bookstore and get a book on building a business plan, or even you library. I bought one from Barnes and Noble for maybe 20 bucks. Its been fairly useful. The best advice that i could give is to put everything down on paper. All your ideas, processes, marketing, etc needs to be written or typed out. Believe me youll have good ideas only to be forgotton when you need it.

3. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

Very good. But you need to get with an attorney to go over everything and an accountant will also help tremendously.... You are the home of the MSI trailers...been there many times to get all my trailers.

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Agreed, but research first by reading, reading, and more reading...both at the library, bookstore, online (like this site), and even by speaking to others in service oriented businesses.Then, you can go to your account and/or attorney with intelliget informed questions. Just my two cents.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Just do it the easy way and how I did. Go to an attorney and get him to draw one up that way you KNOW it is legal and complies to the laws in YOUR STATE which is what really matters. It is not expensive at all.

6. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

WOW I think this is the first thread that everyone is agreeing on what to do. :drinkup: :drinkup:

7. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

I Went To Staples And Picked Up "business Plan Pro" And Installed It On My Computer And It Was Awesome,goes Over Everything You Need To Know.

8. greenacresman

thanks for all the help

9. greenacresman

thanks for all the help. (greenacresman)

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I found many helpfull items on the internet, your state should have a site with a lot of info....

Let us kno how it goes