Example Of Labor Problem For LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Jun 2, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

This is on the national level and the exact reason American labor has gotten as bad in the turf industry also. American's are getting lazier by the day but they are also getting smarter, this is why and how they are learning to fool the system to receive handouts we all pay for.

I have personally had black friends talk about their own family members having as many babies as possible to receive more money from the government. One black friend told me he had a niece that was 25 years old and had 7 children, don't believe this is only contained to the black race because it is not.

This came from a farm report I receive weekly stating how the farming industry is looking for labor because they are in the 150,000 range short on the labor force they need at this time.

This is a quote from the report:

"Not the pay, but the work that Americans
    don’t want on U.S. farms. Farm
    wages now average almost $10 per hour
    for relatively unskilled tasks. But it’s the
    prospect of working outside in blazing
    heat that limits interest in such jobs to
    often-illegal immigrants. That’s why farm
    groups are now pushing so hard for immigration
    reform. Put bluntly, NC Farm
    Bureau head Larry Wooten warns, We
    either import guest workers to work on
    the farm or we export the production of
    our food and fiber. It is that simple".

We have all these people laying around drawing welfare, why would they want to work. These problems are caused by your wonderful United States government.

How many of you will disagree with this statement.

2. stephenslawncare

stephenslawncare LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Im right with you my friend. Notice all of these rednecks hating all these mexicans...its because they are scared of someone that will work harder, smarter, and faster that them for less money.:usflag:

3. puppypaws

The Mexican's in my area of NC are paid a very good wage, most all of them get $10.00 an hour and up.

I think they should take all the deadbeat American's and send them to Mexico then keep the hard working Hispanics after they are screened.

4. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I here it, I agree. it is hard to get good Hard working Help, B/C everyone wants hand outs. I seem to remember a part of NAFTA that was to allow for a legal worker program where the workers were picked up taken care of, paid properly and taken back which was to help if immigration was considered.
    here when you get good help they quit after four weeks and are knocking on all your customers doors lowballing you. Then we have new (old) politians telling us how unfair our country is and how there needs to be more handouts... How evil Buisness owners are and how my CO2 is killing baby seals and how unfair I am for not learning spanish nor for rewarding people for laziness or breaking the Law. NO MATTER WHO IT IS! If people want a country like canada or cuba, then move there.

sorry was I ranting, I'll get back to work, as so many wealthfarers are counting on me:cry:

5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

If you let the true laws of supply and demand rule the labor market, pay would go up and many more Americans would do the jobs Americans dont want to do. The truth is our government is working hand in hand with business and keeping wages low by allowing illegals. Nobody does hard work for giggles and grins, they want good money for it. That kind of work is worth more than minimum wage to Americans. If someone knows they have no chance of ever getting ahead, its not likely that they will bust their butts for nothin. Its kinda like the rich folk around me that want their yardwork done for 7 bucks an hour. Im not gonna do it for them, not even if I couldnt find work.

6. puppypaws

No, that is good to express your opinion, nothing will ever change until people of this country get the politicians attention.

The government wants the working man to push harder and harder to make more money so they can pay more taxes and keep up all the deadbeats their programs have spawned.

Somewhere there will come a breaking point and it may not be to far in the future.

7. tarp5350

tarp5350 LawnSite Member

puppypaws i can,t even get anybody to haul small square bales of hay anymore. these kids don,t want to work anymore. i found one guy that said he would haul it for 90 cents a bale and i about fell over. in my day we were lucky to get 2 cents a bale. at 90 cents a bale that is 900 dollars a day for 1000 bales which is easy to do. i offered my own trailer and they still won,t work. i will solve this problem by baling everthing with my round baler. sorry about getting off the subject.

8. puppypaws

You have to get off the subject occasionally, this is the way you learn different things.

I bale my wheat straw because there is such a strong market in this area. Straw bales are very light in comparison to hay but these kids don't even want to get dirty much less work so here are some pictures of what I do now. These are 21 square bale modules that are not touched by human hands.

View attachment Bale Bandit 1.jpg

View attachment Bale Bandit 2.jpg

View attachment Bale Bandit 3.jpg

Square Bale Module.jpg

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

this hand out thing hits a nerve with me.

I have a friend... Shes deaf... half blind... had many many brain surgeries for a rare tumor disorder... She got dumped from first medicaid (thanks to the MS gov Mr Barbour) then got dumped from Disability pay. Yet you see drug additcs or people who cannot support themselves thru working (dont want to) pump out a million babies to collect more money then not give the kids nuttin.

Just the other day I was almost in a wreck. Lady was on her cell phone in her expedition... 5 unrestrained kids... she swerved in front of me at 70mph and flipped the suv 4 times. Thank the Lord the kids were all fine but you see her dressed in all her bling while the kids are in ratty hand me downs and here she is adorned with gold teeth.
    :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: Just makes ya wanna beat some sence into how our gov is structured.

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Puppy paws,

I agree with you. When i was growing up we all worked on our friends/relatives farms baling hay. We detassled seed corn, derouged soy beans, etc. during summer vacation. The first year I detassled corn for Pioneer, I think they only paid me like $2.75 an hour. I know several years ago they were paying $7.00 an hour and couldn't get any kids to do this work. Starting age to detassle was 13years old. Seed corn companies pretty much use H2B works now. Really sad cause this is a job that that 15 year olds and younger can do for a few weeks in the summer to make some extra money. What other companies can a 13-15 year old work for legally. Kids these days don't want to work.