Example of lawn care contract here

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Victor, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen a lot of newer LCO's on here ask for help on a lawn care contract. I hoped that by posting a copy of the contract I made, I'd be able to help some of you that are having such a hard time finding any answers on this topic.

My contract has pretty much every problem I used to run across covered. Now that all of my customers are on it, my blood pressure has lowered tremendously. I hope this helps.

Vic

LAWN CARE SERVICE AGREEMENT

PAR 5 LAWN CARE INC

2004 SEASON

PAR 5 LAWN CARE INC AND CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITIES

It is the responsibility of Par 5 Lawn Care Inc (referred to as “contractor” in this service agreement) to provide services listed on the attached lawn care estimate. It is the responsibility of the customer to insure lawn is free of toys, hoses, garden hose-style lawn sprinklers, cords, etc. before contractor arrives to service lawn. Contractor must have access to lawn on day service is to be provided. If contractor arrives at customer’s property to provide service, but cannot gain access to property (due to a locked gate for example), contractor will charge customer regular service charge, even though contractor was unable to provide service. Contractor will not be responsible for damages caused by items left on lawns, that are not part of the lawn (items like lawn furniture, and lawn fixtures are considered part of the lawn). Customer must notify contractor within 48 hours of any other damages. Failure to report damages within 48 hours constitutes a waiver, and the contractor is released from liability.

For customer‘s safety, contractor, nor any of his employees are to be approached while using equipment. Please keep children, and pets inside while lawn care equipment is being used for their own safety.

If a dog is kept at customer’s property, customer must have lawn free of pet droppings, when contractor is scheduled to service lawn, or customer will be charged a $5 equipment clean-up fee.

Par 5 Lawn Care Inc will exercise its best judgment for the services needed, based upon growth of grass, and existing conditions at the time. Customer is aware that weather conditions such as rain, may cause a delay in service. In which case, contractor may not service property on normally scheduled day. It is understood that depending on the length , and severity of the rainstorm, that it may take the contractor varying amounts of time to fulfill all work covered under this service agreement.

All estimate pages shall become part of this agreement.

Customer understands that responsibility for the health of their lawn resides with the customer. Unfortunately even when exposed to the best of lawn care practices by the contractor, a lawn may have poor health, if over, or under fertilized. Improper watering techniques will also have negative consequences on the health of the lawn (especially during times of drought).
    If contractor arrives at customer’s property to service lawn, but work is not needed due to service being performed by party other than contractor, this service agreement will be cancelled. Contractor will then charge customer regular service charge for work contractor arrived to do.

This service agreement is cancelable 5 days after written notification by either party. All monies invoiced, or due for services rendered, are due, and payable upon such cancellation.

PAR 5 LAWN CARE INC

2004 SEASON

Page 2

Failure of the customer to comply with any of the terms of this service agreement, may result in the cancellation of service.

BILLING AND FINANCIAL AGREEMENT

Per visit prices are listed on the attached estimate. Customer accepts full financial responsibility for all charges, and late fees, including any collection costs, and attorney fees incurred to collect on their account. Customer will be billed monthly for lawn maintenance service (work that is done on a weekly, or bi-weekly basis to maintain customer‘s lawn). When contractor provides landscaping service, (work that will not be done on a weekly, or bi-weekly basis to maintain customer’s lawn) half of the total will be due up front, and the remaining balance will be due upon completion of the job by contractor. Contractor reserves the right to not service an account who’s payment is overdue. If payment is not received by due date on invoice, a late fee in the amount of $15 will be added to the balance of the account.

Per lawn care, and landscaping, all charges are subject to State of Ohio sales tax.

(please print)
    I ______________________________fully understand, and accept the above terms of this service agreement.

Signed:______________________________ Date:_______________

Victor Cundiff

Proprietor

[] PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN TO PAR 5 LAWN CARE INC TO BEGIN SERVICE

2. Jerrad781

Jerrad781 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

nicely done.