1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

example of proposal letter needed

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Smitty58, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about sending a proposal letter to businesses ,churches ,etc. My plan is to go to these places and estimate the mowing price ,then send them a letter with the price already on it. I think this could work better than the generic "free estimates - call me" approach. That way they already have the price so if they call you you are a step ahead. Anybody do this ,and if so do you have an example of the letter you could share?
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Smitty58,

A lot of times we will see flyers or door hangers created with a place to write in a fee on the spot. Here are some example that might help.
    You could also consider taking part in our business building challenge to set yourself apart from your competition.
  3. Tim Louis

Tim Louis LawnSite Member

Hi Smitty,
    fellow ohioan,
    Funny I'm thinking the same thing about my buisness, and I like your idea of already providing the amount that way one step is eliminated. Please let me know how it works out. E-mail me Louislawncare@yahoo.com