Examples of Mowing Contracts!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by alpine692003, Dec 13, 2003.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have any samples of mowing contracts they would like to share? How would you bring up the issue of mowing contracts to a customer anyways?

ie) You go to the customer's property to have your 1st cut.

After your 1st cut and get paid, do you bring up the issue of would you like us to cut on a continually basis, once a week?

So, if you could please attach a mowing contract in ms word format please? :dizzy: :laugh:

2. satxmow

satxmow LawnSite Member
    from tx

hey alpine, here are a few i have been working on. i know they need work but its a start for me.:gunsfirin

3. alpine692003

Where's the file??

4. satxmow

satxmow LawnSite Member
    from tx

let me try again.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Contract negotiated, discussed, and signed...then we'll cut.No one timers here:D

6. alpine692003

damn, here I was thinking to myself a one time cut would be a good thing..

Don't want to scare a new customer off do ya?

7. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

One time cuts are a bad, bad thing, in my opinion. Going forward, I won't be bidding those at all. Anyone who calls me for a price will be asked "Are you interested in regular mowings or maintenance?" If they say "No" or hesitate at all, I'm not driving out to waste my time. One time mowing opportunities aren't worth the time to give the estimate. If you bid them high enough to cover your time to drive out and bid these opportunities, they won't hire you. By the time you bid them, you're already out 45 minutes and you can't make it up by including the 45 minutes in your price to do the job or you'll be too high.

If they're expecting to be able to call you when they want it done, forget about it. There are a lot of customers who would love it if their LCO would do this because they'll skip mowings and save a ton of money but you'll end up starving and working harder when you do cut it. You'll be a glutton for punishment. You've got to explain to customers that you only work on contracts for regular recurring services. If you don't, you'll certainly end up starving, in my opinion.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

8. alpine692003

Ahhh, very nice information provided DFW.. Thank you very much!

So what you're saying is, I'll be hanging door hangers on people's houses. ONce they call me, I ask them if they are going to be doing regular cuts? If they say yes, then I will head out and start negotiating or doing up a contract.

IF they say, no just a 1 time cut, I tell them sorry..?

9. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

++++So what you're saying is, I'll be hanging door hangers on people's houses. ONce they call me, I ask them if they are going to be doing regular cuts? If they say yes, then I will head out and start negotiating or doing up a contract.

IF they say, no just a 1 time cut, I tell them sorry..?++++

That's my plan.

Send me an e-mail and I can forward you a copy of my residential contract. Maybe we can both work on our contracts together over the winter...two heads are better than one (I think).

I've just spent about 20 hours trying to re-write my contract this past week. I think I've got it the way I want it on an 8.5 X 11, but there is still some more stuff I'd like to say. Problem is, the print is starting to get too small. I'd post it here, but it won't work because I wrote the contract in Adobe Pagemaker, so I'd have to e-mail it to you.

mace@bigballsincowtown.net

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

10. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Yeah, I would like to see some contracts also. Anyone have any they wish to share.

Jason