Excavating prices.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by haybaler, Apr 21, 2007.

1. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I do a few digging jobs every year, 5-10. and rent machines as needed. How much do you think I should charge per hour for a Cat 303CR??

2. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

What is the weight of that machine? We charge $135 per hour for Deere 120 - 30,000 lbs. and 600 min. w/ $275 transport fee.

3. haybaler

from ma

no, this is a mini ex. 7400lb

4. 1cooltreeguy

Probably looking @ $75-$80 an hour and extra $100 transport fee. Minimum 4 hours. Good luck

5. haybaler

from ma

thanks, that's about what I've been charging. the only thing that sucks is when I get into something un-expected and need it for another day and it totally blows my quote. I can't wait until I have the money to buy one.

6. 1cooltreeguy

Yeah - but if u r charging bu the hour why would your quote be blown.? Hours X $80 = write the check - NOW PLEASE. NO?:confused:

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We charge $85 an hour for a 303CR with a 2 hour minimum.

8. haybaler

from ma

because I'm renting it. if I use it for 4 hours the next day I still have to pay a full day rental. I only make out if I use it for exactly 8 hr's

9. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Use it for 16 hour that way,if nothing else do some of your our projects around your place or the neighbors to fill in the extra half day.No wasted time that way except yours?Good luck.

10. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks LawnSite Member
    from ct

Excatually, If you think you are going to run over even for a little bit, rent it for two days, use it at the job, then use it on your own property, or just let it sit, You might even be able to return it sooner, not sure if they will adjust the price, but hey never know. But plan for the worse/longer,and hope for the best/shorter.