1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Excavator bucket cross reference

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TerraFirma Excavating, Nov 8, 2005.

1. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

I have a heavy duty Esco rock bucket off a JD 690B excavator. How can I cross reference what other machines it will fit? I tried contacting Esco with no success. Thanks.
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I would try to find out what the pin requirements are for the 690B and work backwards. Once you find out what your 690B will take, it's obvious that the bucket fits so one will tell you the other. What machine are you trying to put it on?
  3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Is the bucket Pin on or quick connect ?

You know its not that hard to have the lugging changed to fit your needs that bucket will work on pretty much any 200 sized machine. Most machines here are quick connect buckets very rare to find a pin on bucket most contractors will buy used pin on buckets cut the lugging off and put quick connect lugging on.

You can try contacting CWS Industries its one of the largest bucket manufacturers in B.C.

Like I said if the bucket is in really good shape and you want to use it change the lugging.
  4. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

I'll have to measure the pin bushings. We sold the machine and still have this bucket left. I may look at purchasing a 120-160 sized machine in the somewhat near future and may be able to use the bucket. Otherwise I'll plan on selling it.

I like the idea of cutting off the existing ears and welding on quick connnects. I'll have to look into that.
  5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A 160 sized machine will probably handle that bucket it would be good for easy digging conditions. If you got room keep the bucket and you can modify it to fit what ever you will use it on. With the price of steel nowwadays a new bucket is pretty expensive.