Excavator Buckets

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by wanabe, Mar 17, 2007.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

I bought a JD 690 ELC and am trying to find a ditching or cleanup bucket for it. Anyone know what other machines that I can interchange buckets with? I think a Hitachi will work, and have also been told that the Case B series are also the same? Thanks!

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

It all depends on what you have are they pin on buckets or quick connect ?

3. wanabe

from So. IL

Pin on, no quick connect.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'd find the right bucket, even if it doesn't fit, then find a good welder that can put new lugs on the bucket to fit the pins on the excavator.

5. Boondox

Boondox LawnSite Member

What's the diff between a ditching and a cleanup bucket? I have the 24 incher that came with my KX121, but sure could use something without teeth to get the silt out of our ditches come spring thaw.

Pete

6. wanabe

from So. IL

I realize that the ears can be changed, but I would like to know before I start dealing on a bucket. I can give more $ if the ears are correct, and not have the hassle. Are the newer Deere's the same as the old?

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'd go to a dealer and ask them. They should be able to tell you exactly what the pin size is on your machine and what size the 200LC's are. Also, I wouldn't get a cleanup bucket any larger than 60".