Excavator questions

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by plumbguy, Dec 25, 2007.

1. plumbguy

plumbguy LawnSite Member

Good day all, I am new to the site and had a few questions concerning a Mini excavator. All of my experience is on a TLB and I recently purchased a KX-91
    and had a few questions about it that perhaps someone here can help me with.
    I am curious what they mean in the owners manual by traction force and draw bar capacity, this is foreign to me, As I mentioned I'm new to excavator world.
    any help with these terms would be appreciated.
    Plumbguy :usflag:
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's the amount of pushing force the machine can put out, the higher the better, you want a machine that has the same draw bar pull as it's own weight or even more, that way if you have to climb a hill while the tracks are all gummed up with mud, you can still pull yourself through with out resorting to using the boom and bucket to pull.
  3. plumbguy

plumbguy LawnSite Member

thank you for the info. Could you also tell me what the tumbler distance means.
    Sorry that was an after thought.
    Thanks again,
  4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

i believe it is the distance between the idler and drive sprocket...the longer the "tumbler distance" the longer your undercarriage and the longer your undercarriage the more enjoyable the machine is to operate
  5. plumbguy

plumbguy LawnSite Member

thank you for the answers.