excavator rotary broom

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Jan 15, 2011.

1. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

How bout getting a piece of rubber cutting edge (for a plow) and using a couple pieces of steel to bolt it to the bucket, thus allowing you to use it as a plow with virtually no damage.

2. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

Old thread;
    I sweep parking lots after snow removal and sanding. We use 3/8s "P" rock in place of sand because it does not freeze when stock piled. When cleaning lots the property owners want us to also clean the p rock off there lawns. we have been using Stihl power brooms both with rubber paddles and bristles. both work great but some areas have p rock 6" deep and 20 to 40 yards down in ditches. I own a mini TB016 Takuchi which is only 3600 lbs. on rubber tracks. I think it would work great for pulling the rock back up the ditch and onto the parking lots so I can pick it up with one of my street sweepers. I am going to make something up in the next few weeks to see how well it would work and take some of the strain off my old back.

3. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Hitting the wrong end of the bong again huh?

4. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

5. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

6. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

attachment of the year!

7. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Make sure to get a two speed for snow clearing
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 4 seasons lawn&land