Excellent Flyer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Feb 19, 2002.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.cybcon.com/~jimlewis/GoodFlyer.jpg

Just FYI, This is an EXCELLENT example of a flyer. Of course we don't always choose to include pictures and full color for price reasons. But this is what we should all strive for. They've done an outstanding job of including almost everything needed for a great flyer.

Note some of the items they included:

1) Picture of co. trucks and men in uniforms. Implies they are professional, clean cut, etc. as well as reminds you of their brand image.

2) Excellent use of coupon! They even include an expiration date.

3) Phone number in large print and in several places, including the coupon.
    4) Not too busy. Has all the info you need but not too much text.

5) Included Visa / MC Logo. If you take them, you should always include this.

6) Full color print and text.

7) Additional "First 10 people get $10 off" coupon to encourage REALLY quick response.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I like the concept. Its complete but yet its not too busy for ll the info they give.

I really like the idea of putting a number on the possibility of an additional discount in addition to their dollar dollar discount encouraging potential clients to respond promptly to their add.

This is a great technique IMHO because it gives them a response rate for their records to see what it is that attracted/prompted clients to call.

I also never thought about printing "No Cash Value" for the dollar style coupons so that clients cant hand you $30 cash and then the "$10 Bucks" to pay their $40 bill. Im sure with all the seedy possibilities out there one could get burned in an instant.

If their in your neighborhood and you dont have a covered trailer for those REALLY large sites when shearing/pruning - here ya go!!! I know that Ive contracted a dumpster more than once for debris removal -LOL!!!

3. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Hey Jim how about this? Take a picture of lawns you do and put them on a flyer. I took 4 pictures of 4 different types of jobs Apartment complex, small Res., large res., and a restaurant. I converted the digital pictures to black and white to cut costs. This type of flyer helps you stand out. You can always keep some in color for those high end targeted accounts.

Travis

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I counted their toll-free # on this flyer 10 times. Very clever. No excuse for people to forget their number.

LAWNS AND MOWER

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

AGG, I agree. That's a great idea. I will be experimenting with that this year with MS Publisher and see what I can come up with.

6. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I am using Adobe Illustrator as opposed to Publisher. Illustrator is a much easier to work with once you learn the program than Publisher. Also, it converts to PDF well for web publishing.

Thanks for the example.

Jeff