Excellent service/ Worst service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, May 31, 2002.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

A while back I posted a thread regarding the flexible tube for a shin EB 630. I mangled it and needed a replacement. Oddly nobody here knew of a cross ref part that may get me by in a pinch?

Here are two examples of dealership service:

WORST:

20 days ago this writing I phoned the people of Jacks small engine in Rogers, MN. They were listed on the Shindaiwa web page as my nearest dealer. I had never used them before but felt this would work out. I placed my order for the flexible tube. I phoned them 10 days later and they said the part was ordered and on the way. On Saturday I left a message on the machine with my name, telephone number and indicated my interest in the part I had ordered TWO WEEKS prior...I am still waiting for them to return my call. So angy, I emailed Shindaiwa, who gave me a lame telephone number to call to see the status of my order. They did nothing to contact the dealer, who is their representitive, or offer to send me the part. They did respond, just poorly.

EXCELLENT:

Two days (wednesday eve) ago I placed my order for a flexible tube online with the fine people of JThomas, ten minutes ago at 3:15 pm the UPS man placed the package in my door while i read Lawnsite threads.

Minnesotans avoid Jacks!

Everyone else, JThomas impressed me, and as you can tell thats not easy.

I'll let y'all know when Jack calls me with the part;)

I can mothball the old Homelite blower again, man is it weak, but it is loyal and saved me.

2. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Does piss us off when we go to a dealer for parts, etc. and they act like they don't have time to help you. We've been to one in our town and won't go again. They act like they are doing us a favor by taking our money!!! :rolleyes:

We go four towns away to get our parts -- guy knows us by name and takes orders from us on phone and lets us pay when we see him to pick up merchandise. COMPLETELY different attitude towards customers! We are willing to go out of our way and he gets loads of business from us. We even bought a new $4000 mower from him and the one in town carries the same machine!!!

:D :D

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

toro . understand your p ss off.
    also think its good u mentioned both company names.
    its the only way to getum where it will get some attention, good or bad.
    i do it all the time. word o mouth is powerful.im careful to be correct. either with good or bad evaluations.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I just used JThomas also for an electric clutch for my Toro WB. Price was 50 cheaper than my dealer so loyalty can only go so far. The only crappy thing was that it came UPS and they must have punted it a few times because the damn pulley was dented. Nothin a pair of vice grips couldn't fix but I still was a little pissed.