1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exchanging Links

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Turf Troll, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

I would like to exchange links with a few landscape and/or lawn care sites.
    I do both.
    My site is a PR4. Some of my search terms are 1st postion 1st page on google with search results 1.5 million to 4.5 million.

As long your site is in this business or related I will consider a link exchange.

Since I get 99% of my business from my website if the link exchange has any negative affects on my site I'll have to remove them but I will let anybody who links with me know first.

With the changes Google made last year I want to strengthen my position for the future changes I believe are coming.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think Google knocks you down if you are a link farm.
  3. Turf Troll

I have a landscape site. I understand the concept of a link farm. If you think that this makes a link farm Ok ;)
    I definitely wouldn't want to do anything that might move my site down on the page as I said I get almost all my business from the net.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply though
  4. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

Just watch what you do with the links. If they are relevant to the content you can both win.
    Example: You have a paragraph about say "hydromulch" but another site has a great page with lots of info & pictures about it, you can link to that page from your paragraph and if the other site needs to link to your page about the benefits of mulching or Belgian blocks they link back and it's very good for both of you because the little robots find similar content when they follow the links.

Just make sure there is a relevance for the links and not just a page with 60 links on it for no apparent reason. :cool:

(This is just a rough example, there's many ways to do it, just keep it relevant and reciprocal ...and some say it's FAR better if you are not using the same hosting company... there is some various opinions on the point but some say they usually don't give much "weight" to links from the same range of IP addresses and hosts tend to buy IP addresses by "blocks" in the same range)
  5. Turf Troll

I found enough after looking at TEAM GREENS links page (thanks)so I picked 6 for reciprocal links that had PR's of 3 & 4 the one who had a PR of 5 I had to call because they weren't using the link manager anymore.

topsites , Thanks for your suggestions, input and taking the time to talk to me in 2005.
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

You're welcome!