Excuse me ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4-Leaf, Nov 20, 2003.

1. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

So I bought a Kawasaki Blower (700 series) in the spring. It worked fine until I broke the trigger mechanism.

Took it to the dealer for repair. He had to order one of the parts and they backordered it. The blower has now been down for 2 weeks.

Just a note to people who are thinking of buying Kawasaki.
  2. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe the problem is not kawasaki, maybe the problem is the dealer.

In most of this cases my dealer would have a loaner for me.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. I've heard of this this same type of thing before,... with other brands. Sometimes, it can narrow down to "unpaid bills" with that particular distributor that handles these parts. It's funny, there are so many threads and posts on here of other peolple that have experienced the same thing, and the ones I like are the ones that the people went to another dealer, and mysteriously, this other dealer had the parts to them in a day or two. I even heard of this happening with companies as big as Exmark! Of course, when that happened, everyone felt the same - the need to report this incompetent dealer to the manufacturer.
  4. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Does dealer have another blower setting on the shelf? If yes, ask for that switch, then he can have replacement when it gets in.

What original warranty does it have? May demand any unit he has on hand as loaner till part comes in if he's not cooperative.

Do you have an 800# in the manual?

Try some online shopping for part, verify its availability before placing an order.
  5. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

if I ever get told have to wait any longer than 2 days i leave find another shop dime a dozen