eXmark 18-48 vs trigercub 21-48

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Daves, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Daves

Daves LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

How does the eXmark lazer hp compare to the Tigercub in quality of cut using both side discharge and muching? this would be for residental use cutting 2 acres? I plan to buy one or the other and cut quality will be the deciding factor

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dear Daves:

Thank you for contacting Exmark Manufacturing with your questions. This is a difficult one to answer, because I know very little about your cutting conditions. However, the best advice I can give you is to get both units on your two acres of lawn and cut with them. If cut quality is your number one concern, this is the only true test for each product.

I could tell you that our Lazer HP is better than brand X for this reason and that reason, but what does that really mean for you??? Not a whole lot, unless you always make your decision based on what someone else tells you.

Contact your local Exmark Dealer and ask if you can demo a Lazer HP (If you don't know who your local dealer is, just use the Dealer Locator on our web site - www.exmark.com.). Take it out and cut with it. Then get the Scag and cut with it. Just make sure that you compare apples to apples. If you get a 52" Lazer HP with a 23-hp Kawasaki, make sure that the Scag TigerCub also has a 52" deck and a 23-hp Kawasaki. Try both with mulch kits on if possible. Try them with it off. Do you want to bag? Maybe you can demo the baggers too.

Another piece of advice - Think about your local Dealer. Will each provide the same degree of service? Do they have parts on hand if something fails? Could you get a loaner if you needed one?

What about factory support? Can I get a hold of them if I need to? How long does it take them to get back to me? How long does it take to get in touch with the people with the information?

If you've thought about all of this and boiled everything down to the quality of cut, that's great. Try the Exmark Lazer Z HP out, and see what you think. If you have any other questions, you can e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com.

Thanks,

Dustin Schwab
    Exmark Customer Care