Exmark 2006 Metro 26"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sooner74, May 15, 2006.

1. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

Does anyone own the 2006 version of this model and have any feedback? I have searched and read about the problems the 2005 had. Did they get all the problems fixed? Can it mulch? Any help is appreciated.

2. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I was at the local exmark dealer last week and compared the 06 with my 05 and all the things wrong with the 05 where changed on the 06. So it should not have the same problems that the 05 had. I pick up my mulch kit tomorrow then I will give some feed back on how it works. I started a thread on how the mulch kits works last week but got no answers. I will post in the next few days with an answer on how the mulch kit works.

3. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

thanks for the response. I mainly mulch lawns and need to know it will hold up. I am looking at one now for $1500, fair price? Dealer is going to let me demo one for a day.

4. BillWil

BillWil LawnSite Member

Has Exmark done something about the under powered/over weight situatiob? Even if everything else is fixed and it is still can't power itself up a grade I don't want it.

5. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

anyone one know if they beefed up the power for 2006? Spec sheet says governed to 3600 rpm.