1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 21" commercial x series mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by JaysLawns83, Apr 4, 2014.

1. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

The honda commercial hydro stat is definitely well into the heaviest out there.

around here, that mower is $1200.00

The 30" is $1700.

so like I was saying, if you're going to deal with something that isn't very light, and already expensive…might as well buy a 30" (seeing as the drawback to the 30" over 21s is weight and price… but the honda commercial hydrostatic comes close to matching it on both those cons)

2. Tennesseepowerstroke

Tennesseepowerstroke LawnSite Senior Member

Dude, you can make a living with a Murray from Walmart if you choose.

I have no reason to look at the specs on the 30" mowers as I use a 36" walk behind where needed.

I am sure the 30" mowers are good mowers but from looking at some of the descriptions they would not fit the bill for the toughness I need from a mower.

I gave $980 for my Honda about 18 months ago.

You still haven't shown me a 30" "commercial" mower that can be bought for about $1000 which was the original question.:drinkup:

3. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Damn right! These are sexy looking mowers too.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

No one has still said the difference on homeowner vs commercial.

It's funny cause quite a few commercial cutters are using the "homeowner" version.

It's not quite time cutter vs lazer imo
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Im under the assumption that Exmark 30 uses a commercial engine, commercial wheels, stronger wheel adjusters with more support, larger fuel tank, guards, and a commercial transmission. I dont think there is much performance difference but Id say the Exmark will last longer and take more abuse. Both Exmark and Toro 30's have had multiple updates and problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. AMW Landscaping

AMW Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I am using the homeowner version and I can assure you that it works. The commercial has a thicker deck and less features. I cant see spending another 600 or however much just for a thicker deck. I'm not racing my mower or anything like that so what is the point. :hammerhead:

7. AMW Landscaping

The exmark transmission was recalled when the mower first came out. They were cheap made in china transmissions. I can't see any performance difference between the models so there's not much sence in getting the commercial mower.

8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I feel they were rushed into production before they were ready. Personally if I were to buy one it would be the Exmark for the engine and wheels. Then again I would just buy a 36" WB instead....
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Probably why I am sticking with Exmark 21s and might just pick up a 36 inch Turf Tracer

10. AMW Landscaping

Yea. I have the toro timemaster. The only problem with the 36WB is that it will not fit through some gates and it has to go on the retailer. The 30 can get through any gate and I can lift it into the truck bed for more trailer space if I need it.