1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark 21 metro, too heavy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TUCCI L&L, May 18, 2001.

1. TUCCI L&L

TUCCI L&L LawnSite Member

I am looking into getting the 21" Exmark metro commercial. A lot of people have said that is an excellant mower but some say it is too heavy and side discharge is bad. If anyone have any info it is gretaly appreciated. Also how is the muclhing system, I am going to incorporate mulching with clients for grass health and saving time emptying grass. Thank you.
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Somebody once told me Honda makes a great 21" commercial unit
  3. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

true dat the honda is a die-hard machine, i have 3 21" ones w/ very high time and no probs. expensive, though.
  4. TUCCI L&L

TUCCI L&L LawnSite Member

How much do the honda 21" commercials runexactly
  5. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

I think that the new Lawnboys look well built. It is the one with the Personal Pace handles like the Toro.(which Lawnboy is owned by Toro)
  6. casey

casey Guest

Lawnboy Commercial 21" self propelled with side bag. Excellent side discharge, mulch, and with side bag, good in tall grass. Nothing beats LB commercials. Honda's too heavy but better than exmark 21"
  7. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

What about the John Deere 21" self propelled with front caster wheels? Anyone know anything about how well they cut?

Thanks, Mark
  8. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I have a Metro 21 and couldn't be happier with it. It has the 6.5 hp Briggs, tons of power. Today I cut a lawn that was a foot high with it, no problem. It bags very nice, discharges just fine, haven't mulched with it.

It is a bit heavy, but I like that. The weight makes it stable on side hills.

I also own a Honda, not a commercial which I use as a backup. I think you'd be happy with the Metro. I'm sure the other mowers mentioned are fine too. Just thought I'd give my impressions of the Metro.
  9. Just Turned Pro

Just Turned Pro LawnSite Member

I have a Honda 21" Commercial with the Hydro and have no complaints. They are a little pricey... They run from about $750 - $1000 depending on which motor and features.
  10. casey

casey Guest

21" Metro doesn't come close to LB Commercial. I sold the exmark after 1 week. Honda is a rear bagger which means poor side discharge. L.B. side discharge built into deck and side bag doesn't clog as easily.