Exmark 21" Questions.....

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lovdasnow, Mar 3, 2004.

1. lovdasnow

lovdasnow LawnSite Member

I'm looking at the Exmark Metro 21" mower. I've ran the old 2 cycle Toro's, but they are gone and I need backups.

What do you guys prefer, Kawasaki or Honda engines? I know honda's run great but I've heard that they can be gutless? Also BBC, any comments? Is the honda engine worth the extra money, or does the Kawasaki run as good and as long??

Thanks a lot, and have a great spring!!!!!

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Merto 21 with the 6.5 Kawi and the bbc and the 3 speed tranny. First of all this unit is built like a tank, Second the mower cuts, bags and mulches very fast and leaves a nice cut. I really like the 1gallon fuel tank and the spin on filter due to fact that I do alot of small slopes that the pressureized lube system comes in real handy. Overall I paid just under a grand and so far love this machine. BTW, I replaced a 2 cycle proline with this mower. The prolile is back up now!!

3. lovdasnow

lovdasnow LawnSite Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate the info!! have a good one....Jon

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Any time, thats what we are all here for is to help each other!

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Turf equipt in Boise has a showroom full of commercial Toro 2 cycles.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Go with the Kawasaki. It is much better than the Honda. You heard right, the honda is gutless. It is worthless for tough mowing conditions. The Kawasaki will really get down and lug through the tough stuff.:)