Exmark 21

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Scag413, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

How does a Exmark Commercial Metro 21 with a kaw., self-propelled, and BBC do on banks? I know that it would have its limits but would it hold its own? How about when it is wet? THANKS!

2. Dixie Bluegrass

Dixie Bluegrass LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark Metro 21 Kaw/3spd/BBC. It does quite well on banks. Very sure footed. Maximum grade incline is at 30 degrees. I like the self-propelled system because you can tighten the tension on the cable. Also sps engages slow at first then rapidly speeds up so that it won't spin the tires. I am also really impressed with the rpm of the blade. Sounds like a airplane taking off at startup. Haven't cut much wet grass with the machine but I haven't noticed any problems there. The machine is shipped with a blade that is not as impressive as a regular high-lift blade but you can replace it with an good Exmark replacement.

3. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Dixie Bluegrass! Are they worth the $1,200 then?

4. Dixie Bluegrass

Dixie Bluegrass LawnSite Member

I would say so if you use a 21inch quite regularly. The BBC system does a good job of protecting the blade from impact. I don't think I would buy a 21inch without it. Also the mower is much more manueverable than the honda 21 inch tanks. And the Kawasaki engine has full pressure lubrication. That is a BIG factor. Kawasaki is number one with me.
    The price is indeed hefty but if you want a reliable mower that will get the job done quickly with satisfying results than this unit will not let you down.