1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 21

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by anj, Sep 17, 2006.

1. anj

anj LawnSite Member

I Was Using My 21 Inch For The First Time In A Long While. Most Of The Time On Sites That Its Used I Am Not The One With It. Anyway My Question Is How Much Pull Should It Have. I Was Mowing Up A Hill And I Was Almost Pushing It. It Works Fine On Level Yards But I Think When It Was Knew It Will Pull Up A Hill.
  2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I have the the same problem as you accept with Honda commercial. Mine are four years old though and have gotton a lot of use. How old are yours? I've looked through the owners manual but couldn't find anything about this.
  3. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Toro 22", try adjusting the cable or replacing the belt yet?
  4. anj

anj LawnSite Member

My Unit Is Almost Three Years Old. I Thought Some Kind Of Adjustment Was Needed.
  5. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

there is a black knob on the cable on the transmission. The knob is located at the back of the mower deck, where it goes into the black transmission housing. Turn the knob righty tighty or lefty loosey.

If you can't correct it by this, your belt could be stretched....but I doubt it as we have may prolines with 1500 hrs on them and no belt probs.
  6. anj

anj LawnSite Member

thanks guys for the info. i will try to adjust the cable in the morning. if anyone else has anymore input i would be greatful. i dont want to take this to the shop if i dont have to.