Exmark 23hp with 60"???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Z-master man, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I found a 2007 23hp 60" for $2600 with 63 hrs on it.. What do you guys think of a 23hp with a 60" deck?

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Lazer or turf tracer?

3. GreenmanCT

GreenmanCT LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

its gotta be a turf tracer, its great machine, i would buy that in a heartbeat.

4. GreenmanCT

GreenmanCT LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

actually that price sounds too good to be true, i would make sure its not stolen.

5. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Only 63 hours in 3 years? If this mower is legit it is a steal!!! It should be worth $3500-$5000.

6. Z-master man

It's a lazer...It was only used for Homeowner use. But do you guys think 23hp is enough?

7. JMiller08

JMiller08 LawnSite Senior Member

I run a bobcat 52 inch estate mower with an 18 horse briggs and it does just fine.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

If you know for sure that it's not stolen ... that deal would mean that you would be stealing it from the seller for that price ... in other words, don't give a second thought, just go get the machine !!

9. Z-master man

Thanks guys, I know it's a great deal, but before I go trying to figure out money and whether or not it's stolen I want to know whether or not 23hp is enough for a 60" deck.

10. sjessen

Male, from Knoxville, Tn

It might be a little short on power in thick, wet grass, etc. You can up the hp on that engine to 25 by making a couple of easy modifications. There have been a couple of threads running currently on this site that describe how to do it. I'd get the mower and never look back.