Exmark 24" aerator off their website

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by djagusch, Mar 20, 2012.

1. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Exmark took the 24" aerator off their website.

Wonder if they are having production issues or second thoughts on the market for them.

LS did have a hard time getting the few out that they did.

Wonder whats going on with it.

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, that's a pisser.
    I called Turfco today to order the XT5. It was a done-deal and we got to the shipping arrangements and he asked if I had a friend with a forklift that has a business it could be shipped to because I really have no way to unload it myself. It weighs 390lbs. I was like..uh..no, I don't have a friend with a forklift. I live 10 miles from a city of 65K. Surely there is a freight depot it could be sent to. He said he would get with their shipping dept and get back with me. Never heard back. I called at 10AM this morning. I suppose I could have it shipped to my local Lesco branch or an even closer supplier, but that seems kind of unprofessional.

Sorry to vent, but anyway, thought I might go look at my local exmark dealer tomorrow. After what you've posted, that idea may be shot down in flames...frustrating.

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

4. djagusch

from MN

They still have the 21" and ride on. Just no dual hydro option.

The the Turfco thing the XT5 is the way I was going to go unless the 24" dual hydro had a hydro lift for the tines. Was a wait and see deal.

For the delivery thing I have had plows deliveried to the lawn mower shop without hesitation from the dealer. Mower dealer just happy that I spend a good amount of money with him. I can see Lesco having a issue as they sell aerators also. Maybe see if a local buisness will unload it for $50 or something or if you are rural a local farmer should have a tractor with tines.

5. djagusch

from MN

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Google search....cache version.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

When I bought my XT5 last year, I told Turfco I had no way to unload off a semi. They sent a truck with a lift to my home:) They will get it done for you, just push them a little.

8. ted putnam

I guess that's why they're called Turfco "Direct". The only problem was, my name isn't Hercules and none of my employees go by that name either.

Problem solved though. I called my closest supplier and they were glad to do me the favor. I spend a lot of money there so they have a soft spot in their heart for me.:laugh:

Should have it either Friday or Monday. I've only got about 10 aerations to do and that's a lot of money to spend so now I'll just have to sell more. I love getting new toys...

9. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Just take a ramp and slide it out of the Truck. I did it with one and I have a bad back. No problem

10. ted putnam

I can see where that would work in a pinch.
    Like I said, problem solved. I am the proud new owner of a Turfco XT5 aerator. It just has to get here now... Jim Rucheim was very helpful as were you Bob.
    Thanks.