Exmark 26" Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to the dealer I buy my Redmax stuff from and he says that Exmark is coming out with a 26" Walkbehind this year. Says he will have a prototype to look at next week. Has anyone heard about these yet ? I know that if it's built good it could save me a bunch of time on a few properties and since I need another 21" anyway, It would save me buying another Honda for $1000 ! I love the Hondas but this may be worth it.
  2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I am a little confused on this. Is it a push or a walkbehind that you could attach a sulky to? Anyway I am very interested
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

From What i Understand it will be a 26" version of the 21" Toro Proline...Rebadged Metro for eXmark w/6.5hp Kaw.

Bigger Deck..Yes...Heavier & Harder to Turn & Pull Backwards...Yes.
  4. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone seen the specs on the machine, ie weight, self propelled, price, etc. Might be the perfect machine for an operation like Justmowit has going. You would think they would use something bigger than a 6.5 hp engine.
  5. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I think its a very good idea for the commercial product lines to make a larger trim mower. The 21 is just too time consuming. A 24-26 would be a better size. I'm not willing to pay $1500 for one. I hope the price is realistic.
    The Snapper 26 is not listed in the commercial mowers of their website but it looks hd and for 1k. It also has many attachments. One thing I dislike about the Toro Proline 21 is, no side discharge.
  6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know how realistic the price will be. I can only imagine how much it will be. An Exmark 21" is in the $1100 range if I'm not mistaken.
  7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I got a Questionaire from Toro about it Last Season...It asked how Much You Would be Willing to Pay...I Said $1500 if it Matches the Proline 21"s for Durability & Mulch ability.

Remember Higher Prices make it Harder for the Riff Raff to get their Grubby Little Hands on the Good Stuff.
  8. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

Im selling my Sentar and goin back to my craftsman.

Just keepin it real.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Fareway-- $1500.00 US or Can.

Next time Toro sends you a question sheet, sugguess that they allow all 21" proline owners to get first dibs at about, oh say $750.00 or so. We will test them and than they can sell them to the public for $1500.
    Think they might go for it. J/K
  10. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

YEA, what PMLAWN said.