Exmark 26--worthwhile ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TOOMUCHWALKING, May 1, 2008.

1. TOOMUCHWALKING

TOOMUCHWALKING LawnSite Member

As much as I hate push mowers, these look fairly useful. Is 6 HP enough ? If you have one, would you do it again ?:confused:

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

6 hp isn't enough, I had one and wouldn't do it again if you paid me!

3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

6 is plenty. The blade is belt driven, not directly to the shaft. I could run it with a 3 if i wanted to change the pullies and belts.

Good mowers and all the bugs have been worked out.

4. emorri

emorri LawnSite Member

great mowers,we have two of them no problems at all!!

5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

The Exmark 26"ers tend to be pretty heavy - and not as powerful as some 21"ers. That was true of the older ones, not sure about the new ones.

6. SHADESOFGREENLAWNCARE

SHADESOFGREENLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Do a search, there is atleast 1 more thread on this mower.

7. TOOMUCHWALKING

TOOMUCHWALKING LawnSite Member

I did^^^^Do you remember the title ?

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Save your money and get a Toro Proline 21. There are several threads on this mower on this site, and you should take the opinion of those who have used them hard on all types of growth situations, not the opinion of those who sell them for a living.

It's a piece of crap mower that should have a bullet put in it. Older model, newer model...doesn't matter. Exmark Garbage all the way.

If you still think this will work for you, tell the dealer you want in writing a full 48 hour return policy with no strings. Dealers like Better Outdoor Products give a 30 day deal, so they should have no problem with this as you "try out" their mower.

Or will they??

9. jahbp

jahbp LawnSite Member

The lawns are starting to get thick my metro 26 makes a lot of noise when mulching sounds like scrap metal hitting the blade and it spits out clumps of bahia that stick on the walls of the homes I cut. I call Exmark to complain all the time they do not care this mower dose not mulch it leaves a trail on the left side wheel .I wanted to toss it into the canal today buy it is to heavy for me to lift .

10. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    I'll never forget that line.