Exmark 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colawn, Jul 12, 2006.

1. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

Has anyone purchased this years model? My dealer told me to stay away at the beginning of the season but now says they have fixed the problems and no one is returning them for warranty work? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't even kept up on thesa because I've heard nothing but troubles with these things since they came out.

3. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

ive heard they have problems

4. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i had last years model and i just traded it in last week. regardless of the warranty issues the major problems still remain. the mower is just too heavy. in a straight line its fine but add some landscaping and it will wear you out. in my opinion they should have added casters to the front and the engine is a little small for the blade size. also mine would leave a trail of clumped grass on the left side which always required recutting or hitting it with the blower. i did however turn it into a side discharge mower by using a honda discharge chute. when i traded it in they told me one of the guys in the shop wanted to buy a 26''. mine only had about 15 hours, the update kit was already installed and looked showroom new. but a week later it still sits on the floor. i guess the dealer employees are in no hurry to buy this model.

5. horticulturedawg

horticulturedawg LawnSite Member

Stay away from this piece of garbage. I have one, piece of junk. Oh yeah, your welcome, exmark for the $1350.

6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I was so mad when the local Exmark dealer couldn't get any for a couple of months last year. Exmark just hadn't manufactured enough so I just bought a Husquvarna at Lowe's to "get by". Thank God for life's little favors.:)

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

You may not have heard, but Exmark is taking these back with a refund. At least they were last fall. I would call your dealer and demand action.

This mower will NOT be successful until a larger engine is used. I have enough previous posts bashing it so I'll end my rant here. :dizzy:

8. horticulturedawg

Thanks for the info..I will check with them on Monday. Even a partial refund would be appreciated...

9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

They gave SEVERAL full refunds. Life pays you what you ask of it.

Ask FULL.

After all you fully deserve it having to live with that piece of....

Like I said above....my past posts will tell you my opinion of it.

Let me know how you make out!

10. horticulturedawg

Finally heard back from my dealer today.."Exmark is no longer buying them back, bring the machine in and we will fix it for you."

You know, I don't think it is even worth my time. I know this machine will only last maybe three days till it is down again. I have had it with Exmark and this machine. I would NEVER treat my customers like that and still expect them to be customers.

I guess I will take it in tomorrow.....will let you all know what happens.

By the way, my dealer said the buy back program ended in March....How was I supposed to know? I asked why did they not call me as my mower was in for various problems during that time. I am sure they were tired of me griping about it. You have to remember what kind of mental giants you are dealing with at your local lawn mower dealer. They simply do not care.