exmark 26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have one how long, and are they holding up? Please if you dont have one do not speculate? Have they worked out the issues.

2. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

We have one and are very pleased with it. Cuts great, plenty of power. The engine hp was my biggest concern when buying. I would definately buy another 26" unit.

3. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov LawnSite Member

I baught on when it came out.

Beside haveing to bring it a couple times to get it fixes....very weird failures...which exmark has fixed by now

This sucks at going up hills ( it just wont!)

150lbs...so taking it out a truck by your self way more difficult.

Truning is more difficult so there is time loss also

I have 6 21" Metros....this is what I perfer

The thrid time it was in the shop I told them to take 26 back and give me a 21 Metro instead, which they did withought hisitation.

Vance

4. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I like mine its a big time saver. Like all of the first ones it was in the shop a lot.:hammerhead::dizzy::nono: The last year and a half it has been great:) I think I will try the Toro 26 next

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

fixed a while ago. Some of the guys on here just deal with real shitty dealers who don't read service bulletins or attend yearly update seminars from Exmark. If they did, you would all be happy with your machines.

6. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i have one , its a little over one year and over 1000 hours. it is a good machine. yes it is heavy and you just get used to it . this machine has saved me plenty of time to [pay for it self . when i need a new machine it will be a metro 26. also you have to have a good dealer. the dealer i bought mine from was very helpful and because of my dealer letting me demo one i answered all my questions and bought one ..

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I will never purchase another Metro 26" as long as I live unless they put a more powerful engine on it.

And you will find the Toro 26" is the exact same machine as the Metro 26"!!

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

When is Toro bringing one out. I dont know if any of you know this but toro already makes the metro line of mowers.

9. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

I saw a picture of a Toro 26 on this site a few months ago, I have used Toros 21 inch mowers for year so thats way I thought I would try a Toro 26 when my Exmark need replacing. If a saw a picture of one I guess they are out there.

10. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

they are the same machine. Like usual, toro put stickers on an exmark product and made it their own.