EXMARK 28hp EFI Kohler 60" Triton deck issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by totallawncare25, May 4, 2008.

1. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Has anyone had issues with the efi getting really sluggish cutting on hills ? My dealer took my mower back and ordered me another one it should be in on Monday.. Also what is the correct deck rake on the Triton deck ???? All info on these mowers would be much appreciated as i went from a 28hp Kawasaki Ultracut to this

2. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I haven't had any luck with Kohler personally. I love the Kawis. You may have been better to go with the 29 Kawi EFI.

3. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I have a 26 hp EFI kohler with a walker, and i have NO problems with bogging down, cutting threw foot long thick wet grass still no bogging or even signs of slowing down. It could be a faulty engine from the factory. Good Luck!

4. totallawncare25

from TN

Im a fan of the Kawasaki's also a much better engine but the Kawasaki 29lcefi is only on the XS and its 12,000.00.
    The one i bought is 9800.00 and comes standard with the suspension seat and its fuel injected also... I got another one and the dealer is swapping it out tomorrow and hopefully this one will be better as it is from another production run... LETS ONLY HOPE..

5. qualitylawnpro

qualitylawnpro LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 27 carb kohler with triton 60". I let a toro dealer take this mower home mow his yard.His opinion was the triton deck is a power robbing deck! I have noticed this also this mower bogs in week old grass. Cuts terrible i hate this mower. Will be for sale on here soon! I have had 6 ultracut decks no problems at all! Triton decks suck!!!!!!!!!!

6. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I love the liquid cooled Kawi's. They are a lot smoother and quieter-have had two and am going back to them.:weightlifter:

7. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

my EXMARK lazer with the TRITON DECK was just returned for a TORO Z master with the turbo force deck, i hated the deck and the Kohler engine that bogged down in the slightest heavy grass and wouldnt discharge worth a dam either.Had to double cut all the time due to the clippings dumping 12-15 inches out of the chute!!

8. totallawncare25

from TN

I was looking at Scag and they have a 29 DFI Kawasaki and a new 31 HP EFI Kohler on there 61's. Why isnt exmark doing that ???????????

9. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Because scag is simply the best. The triton deck is to wishy washy get a velocity and never turn back or a ultracut. the turboforce is great as well.

10. totallawncare25

from TN

I had an ultracut and loved it but it clumped too much for me as the Triton will not clump and that i do love