EXMARK 32", 36" or John Deere JX75

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spalmer97, May 1, 2002.

1. spalmer97

spalmer97 LawnSite Member

Besides the obvious difference in deck size...Which mower will
    cut better the Exmark 32", 36" or the John Deere JX75. Thanks in advance for the input! JP

2. RayoVac

RayoVac LawnSite Member

Spalmer97,

I can't speak for the eXmarks... but, I have a JX75. When bagging it will pack the contents so tight you can barely shake it out. Tall / Wet no problem.... Does a nice job, but the bag is to small.

The mulching on the JX75 stinks IMHO. To get decent mulch performance I had to cut so often that I could barely follow a cut line to tell where I had been.

I did not have the side discharge chute... can't say how that would have worked.

In my area at close to or over $800 for the JX75... I would lean heavily towards an eXmark!!!!

RayoVac

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I assume the JD is a 21" mower? Anyway, this is a one sided question. The eXmark can't be beat when mulching. The cut of a 32" or 36" is awesome with or without the mulch kit.

4. RayoVac

RayoVac LawnSite Member

Yup... the JX75 is a 21"...

Really should NOT be in there for comparison... but I suppose if you conisder what JD wants for a new one. It fits from a Price comparison standpoint... ;)

RayoVac

5. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE A TORO 32 AND IS GOOD BUT HAS ONE BLADE.i THINK THE EXMARK has two which would be better in my book.

6. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't comment on the Exmark but I do own a John Deere JX85 commercial 21" mower. This machine leaves a beautiful cut when you bag but as mentionned before, the bag is a bit too small. When you mulch the cut is decent but nothing compared to my Toro Proline 21". I just put on a side discharge kit for the Deere and it seems to work quite well. Hope this helps.

7. spalmer97

spalmer97 LawnSite Member

Sorry I'm late but...Thanks to all that replied...JP