1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 34" Phazer or Bob-cat 36" Fast cat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4ngoods, Feb 23, 2007.

1. 4ngoods

4ngoods LawnSite Member
    from LA

Help me decide on which one to get I got till monday to make my mind, the exmark comes with a kawasaki 19 hp and is a 34" cut full commercial and the bob-cat fast cat is as 36" cut with a 21 Briggs & StrattonĀ® Intek engine full commercial as well. I want a small ztr to fit in the back yards of my small accounts. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with the exmark. Because I think exmark are a great product, and because around here anyway there are some tight gates. I have a gravely 34z, and it just fits in some. Whatever you get, you will be amazed at what a great decision you made in not getting a w/b or stander. I knew it would save time and fatigue, but it was even more than I could ever immagine.
  3. 4ngoods

4ngoods LawnSite Member
    from LA

Thanks on the response scott, it could be nice to hear anyone with a small ztr see what what yall think or let me know what u think is the best ztr out there it could be nice also.

Another contender could be the dixon black bear 34" cut

Let's hear it.

4. bkschmid

bkschmid LawnSite Member

I demo'd a FastCat 42 in January. I Personally didn't care for it. The deck design places the left side blade too far forward toward the front corner of the deck for my likes. Couldn't trim a very good radius with it at all. Not sure if the 36 is the same design, but I think it is, so you might want to demo it before you buy.
  5. 4ngoods

4ngoods LawnSite Member
    from LA

This would be my first ztr that I own so I don't know really what to look for besides the brand name and the hp of them so that's why the questions on here, so yall pro's can guide me on the right direction.

6. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I can vouch for the ExMark since I've had a Phazer since last year. Was using an ExMark Metro 36" walk behind (which is now my backup). Yes, it's great to finally sit down. Much easier on the body. It's heavy duty and commercial quality in every way. You would not be disappointed.
  7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Gravely 34Z. all the others look like toys to me plus the gravely has been out longer and is tried and true. I should know because I own one and it cuts great, runs great, has plenty of power and is built like a brick $hit house.

BTW the Briggs Intek is NOT a commercial engine.

Also keep in mind the dealer plays a large role because you need a dealer that has good support in case you ever do have a problem.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Their was a feild test in turf on the bobcat fast cat mower in the January 07 issue. This may help answer your questions but since they are both new to the market, the best way to know would be to demo each and see which you like better! You might also considering throwing the Scag Z cat into the list for possible choices as well!
  9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'll throw in another vote for the eXmark Phazer I love mine.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I would choose the fastcat over the phazer, I looked at both and ended up going with the bobcat ZT-219. Maybe see if you can find a 06 ZT-219. GREAT mower.