Exmark 36" for First mower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by spyderski, May 27, 2008.

1. spyderski

spyderski LawnSite Member

Ok, so I posted this ?? in another thread but I did not receive any feedback, so I will try my won thread. Im looking to purchase my first mower used just to get my feet wet and I have someone who said he will sell me an Exmark 36" model V36 14KO-H for 1500, but I have not been able to find any info about this model anywhere. Hes asking $1500, thought I could maybe get down to 1200. It's a 5 speed hydro with a 14hp Kohler Command motor. New front caster wheels, blades and recent tune up for the season. Anyone have any feedback or thought on this? Thank you.

100_2259.jpg

100_2260.jpg

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i love my exmarks. this one looks kind of old, check the year and make sure your dealer can still get parts, cleaned up it would be a nice mower though. i probably wouldnt pay more than $1100 though

3. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

That thing is beat. I wouldn't pay more then $500. You can find a 48 inch 2003 15 HP for about 1,000 - 2,500

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, this machine looks well used. Without maintenance records and an accurate hour meter, you are chancing it. The hydros could be just a few hours from meltdown. I would prob pay 500.00 for it and hope it lasts long enough to make enough money for something new. I am always leery of used hydros. In my opinion you would be better off with a used belt drive. Nearly indestructible and parts are alot cheaper and easier to replace.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  5. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Year must be a 1983-1987

6. spyderski

spyderski LawnSite Member

thanks for all your responses guys, im gonna call him tomorrow and tell him Im not interested.

7. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with everyone on here, Don't buy it, sp for that price. I bought last year a 2006 48 exmark metro for 1,300 and it had only 2 months of homeowner use (1 1/2 acre lot). 2 years ago I bought from a friend a 36 exmark metro for 1,500 and it had only 5 hours on it. So you can find great deals out there or better yet buy new for just a little more $.

Good luck

8. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

a member here is selling a 48" w/ dethatcher I think for $2500 THEGOLDPRO....

9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow!!! that guy really thinks he's got something with that eXmark :rolleyes:. ...$1,500..? I would of laughed so hard ..:laugh: