Exmark 36" for First mower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by spyderski, May 27, 2008.

1. spyderski

spyderski LawnSite Member

Ok, so I posted this ?? in another thread but I did not receive any feedback, so I will try my won thread. Im looking to purchase my first mower used just to get my feet wet and I have someone who said he will sell me an Exmark 36" model V36 14KO-H for 1500, but I have not been able to find any info about this model anywhere. Hes asking $1500, thought I could maybe get down to 1200. It's a 5 speed hydro with a 14hp Kohler Command motor. New front caster wheels, blades and recent tune up for the season. Anyone have any feedback or thought on this? Thank you.

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i love my exmarks. this one looks kind of old, check the year and make sure your dealer can still get parts, cleaned up it would be a nice mower though. i probably wouldnt pay more than $1100 though
  3. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

That thing is beat. I wouldn't pay more then $500. You can find a 48 inch 2003 15 HP for about 1,000 - 2,500
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, this machine looks well used. Without maintenance records and an accurate hour meter, you are chancing it. The hydros could be just a few hours from meltdown. I would prob pay 500.00 for it and hope it lasts long enough to make enough money for something new. I am always leery of used hydros. In my opinion you would be better off with a used belt drive. Nearly indestructible and parts are alot cheaper and easier to replace.:usflag::usflag::usflag:
    ericg likes this.
  5. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Year must be a 1983-1987
  6. spyderski

spyderski LawnSite Member

thanks for all your responses guys, im gonna call him tomorrow and tell him Im not interested.
  7. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with everyone on here, Don't buy it, sp for that price. I bought last year a 2006 48 exmark metro for 1,300 and it had only 2 months of homeowner use (1 1/2 acre lot). 2 years ago I bought from a friend a 36 exmark metro for 1,500 and it had only 5 hours on it. So you can find great deals out there or better yet buy new for just a little more $.

Good luck
  8. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

a member here is selling a 48" w/ dethatcher I think for $2500 THEGOLDPRO....
  9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow!!! that guy really thinks he's got something with that eXmark :rolleyes:. ...$1,500..? I would of laughed so hard ..:laugh: