1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

exmark 36 spits gas

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TylerJohnLandscaping, May 27, 2010.

1. TylerJohnLandscaping

TylerJohnLandscaping LawnSite Member

I have a 04 exmark 36" with a 15 Kohler motor on it. Is not that easy to start I do not know why, but once I start it; right away it spits gas out of the exhaust. But then it stops. I have no clue what it is I thought it might be the valves but if it was the valves it would keep spitting gas out. ..... I am lost on this one I have no clue what it is. Any help? Carb probs?

2. bigdodge150

bigdodge150 LawnSite Member

the carb needs rebuilt and that can cause major issues the gas goes into the combustion camber slides past the piston into the crank case mixing with oil and eventually blowing the motor I would stop using it now and get it fixed another thing that helps is putting a fuel cut off in the line to prevent gas from flowing while in transport all the vibes will also make gas flow through the carb
    Posted via Mobile Device