eXmark 36" tthp ocdc?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kppurn, Apr 23, 2005.

1. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes an ocdc that fits a 36" Turf Tracer HP? I've been searching and can't find one anywhere. The past three seasons I have been using a mulch kit on the 36" to keep clippings out of beds. It has to go though. I can't mow with a mulch kit in wet spring growth. The whole deck is packed with grass after simply making a border pass.

I have the director on my Lazer and couldn't mow without it. Now I just need to find something similar for the walkbehind, so I can let it fly in open areas and control where the clippings go near beds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

EZ Chute? I beleive they do.

3. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

You can modify an ez chute to work on a 36. They are made for the 48, but if you cut the rod and attach the rod holder to the side plate-below the hydro oil-it works-just reach down to use it.

4. kppurn

germann, have you done this yourself? Are there any other modifications that need to be made in order to get it on a 36"?

Thanks

Kevin

5. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

can you use the 48" ezchute and modify to fit on a 36"?

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

What you Need is a Micro Mulch Kit and 2 eXcalibur Mulch Blades Per Spindle...Anything You can Discharge w/out Clumping You can Mulch w/This Set-Up...You're Welcome.

lot2.jpg

7. kppurn

mac,

That's what I ended up doing. The control rod is mounted in a different position though. I can take some pictures sometime this week if you are interested.

8. kppurn

EZChute for a 48" TTHP on a 36" TTHP...

ez1.jpg

ez2.jpg

ez3.jpg

ez4.jpg

ez5.jpg

9. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I saw where you are located in indy and i understand it has been rather dry. I am in evansville and we have been lucky. we have gotten some timely rain when others have missed out. Yesterday they said we could get up to foot from Dennis but it looks like the system is breaking down. It is 3:30 and I am less then a 1/4 of an inch. Long way to go to get to a foot. Thanks for the pics by the way, I have been looking for an ocdc for the last two years and was about to give up until someone posted they had done this using the ezchute. Other then moving the mount for the handle was there any other changes. Did you have to do anything to the actual discharge cover to get it to fit the 36" discharge chute??

thanks

10. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

did you have to shorten the control arm??? with the change in position, it looks like you shortened it a bit.

thanks