eXmark 48" Belt - 15 Kawi v-twin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troberts, Sep 1, 2001.

1. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Found a NEW eXmark 48" belt drive with a 15 Kawi v-twin. They claim it retails for $2799, and are asking $2599.

They already said they could budge $50 bucks or so, so I could probably get it for $2500.

Is this a good deal, or should I be able to do better? If so, how much better?

Thanks,

TMR

2. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

3K for a 48" Metro HP

(Floating deck)

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you checked out the 48" hydro unit. I wonder how much more it would be? I bought mine used with very low hrs. for $3500.00.

4. troberts

troberts LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I appreciate the advice, but I have made my decision, and I have made it primarily from input from this forum.

The decision (with this sites help):

1. eXmark: Two reasons - You all say they are good units, and the high quality dealers in my area are selling them.

2. 48": This site has made it quite clear that a 48" can do everything that a 36" can do except fit through that gate. No gate problem for me.

3. Metro (i.e. Belt drive): I will be cutting only my lawn with this mower, and cannot justify the cost of a hydro (This is not a money maker for me).

4. Fixed deck (instead of HP): One lawn, mild slopes, smooth straights - No need to adjust cutting height.

5. New (instead of used): I am not a mower "techie".
    Good mower + Good dealer = Minimal hassels for me.

I just really wanted to know if this ($2500) is a good price. If not, what should I expect to pay.

Thanks,

TMR

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

A new 48" belt driven machine for $2500 is an average price. If you feel you will have the superb dealer support you are looking for, then I would advise you to buy it.

Most machines that are 2-3 seasons old will sell for about the $1200-1500 range. Many LCOs who sell a machine after the first season will still advertise them for $1800(+).

I think that you will not be dissatisfied with this machine. ;)

Kris