1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

exmark 48 hp VS exmark 48 ct

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Laidback03, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Laidback03

Laidback03 LawnSite Member

Which one is best for using on St. Augenstein grass here in Florida?
    Has anyone every bought a used exmark?
    I have an issue with the normal use of the regular blades, i currently have a 36" exmark metro belt drive that has normal blades and iam thinking changing to gator blades.... any comments?
  2. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

if you're tryin to decide between the HP and the CT.... go with the HP. not too much price difference and you get a better package with it. better frame, 2 gas tanks instead of 1, bigger tires... etc. as far as the blades.... i cant comment on the gators cuz i never used them. i mulch year round with the blades the mulch kit came with.
  3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I have had NO problem with the exmark OEM blades, I have used the Gators and seen only diffreance....

St Augestine is native to texas, we have it everywhere, with Gators, I noticed when grass is wet, it doesnt have as much lift and in the thick stuff it helps, but only a little, there is a flater blade for the exmark, that really makes a diffreance, it just doesn't have lift and it helps a lot on thick WET tall Grass...
  4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

CT runs the briggs vanguard motors only with the ultra cut deck.

The hp doesn't offer a 48, because it's a triton deck. 46, 50, 56 on the HP's.

19hp Kawasaki with the 46 is ok, but if you are going to bag, i'd look at the 23hp kawi.

At that price, which I think is around 7800.....with no bag

I'd look at the Lazer AS which you might be able to get a good deal from a dealer with the 52 inch ultracut and 28hp kawi at just over that 7800 mark.

That should help with top to bottom options.
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Ct's run the tryvantage deck:hammerhead: As ultracut:weightlifter: