Exmark 48'' Lazer CT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Johnson, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

I am seriously considering buying one of these. I mow about 3 or 4 days per month part time. I mow with a 48'' Exmark w/b belt, driven that is ancient. I have almost $700 in maint this year alone in this mower. After mowing today, I go to my dealer to drop off my mower for some gear box problems and a brake problem. I was told that I would be better off using this until the transmission goes (It's leaking grease badly). Well that got me looking in their new showroom. Being as I only mow 4 days per month, 3 of the days being 8 hours long at the most, I thought this would be a good mower for the light commercial use. the dealer agreed. I was just wondering if any of you use a CT or have any information to add about them. The dealer says the model runs for $5400 before tax.

2. Josh18

Josh18 LawnSite Member
    from AL

I have recently bought a lazer ct. I am a part timer and cut one to two days a week, and not even full days. I absolutely love this thing. For what I do, it fits my needs perfectly. I don't think you can go wrong with this mower for part time use.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I see you are from Columbus which dealer did you go see. I have a lazer as well but it is an hp. Same size deck as your other mower?

JP

4. jpp

Sorry I just realized it was the same size. My mistake.

5. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

jpp,

I went to Buckeye Power Supply. I went to their new shop in Plain City. I am going back tomarrow to talk a little more seriously and hoefully demo this unit.

6. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

Does anyone know off hand what the price difference is between the ct and hp 48"? Exmark does not have any prices listed on their web site.

7. jpp

I paid 6100 for the hp in 2000. They were asking 6500 for it then. I sent you a pm as well. But I am not sure what the ct costs other than what you posted.

8. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

Got it, I sent you a pm as well.

9. rshofcols

rshofcols LawnSite Member
    from ohio

run from b.p.s,not walk away slowly run away fast and head to hoffmans and speak to larry. He will get a better deal than bps. I have bought 20 grand worth of stuff in the last year and have always saved a bundle there.