Exmark 48 refurb

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Miles48, May 8, 2008.

1. Miles48

Miles48 LawnSite Member

I bought a used 48" Turf Tracer HP last week after daydreaming about one for two years. I'm a high school student, and this thing is my life now. I'd really like some help getting it in perfect shape (scratches don't count in the business).

First I need to get ahold of the mechanical manual, as all I've been able to find is the operator's manual, and have no questions there.

Second, I am going to do the hydralics and motor oil changes myself, along with their filters, any advise there? I bought a case of the proper mobil1 for each, is that enough?

Third, is it practical to change the fuel filter? No experience there. (I also need to change my poor line trimmers' filters, etc).

What do you guys think is most important to stay on top of? The mower was lightly used for 2 years, and now I'm going to release it to the big jobs this summer. I can't afford down time, and I'd like to refurb the machine before too long.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Miles48,

I think your business is bound for great success, given that your first decision was to run Exmark! You can find operators and parts manuals on our website. The link is http://www.exmark.com/manuals.htm You'll need your model number and serial number.

Thanks,
    KC