exmark 52 lazer hp??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlandscaping, Sep 9, 2001.

1. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i am really planning on purchasing a lazer z hp 52 with a 23 kawai and the ultravac this week, but before i did i just wanted to know what you all thought about these machines. good experience bad experience would u buy one again, is another brand better, ps the only dealers here are scag toro and exmark. is 8000 for ita good price with the bagger at this point in the season. is the cut good and the ride good when mowig, i only got to drive one without blades or on bumpy lawn ?? and justyour overall opinion of this machine thanks for your time
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have that same machine. I will have had it one year in about 2 weeks. I run the mulching kit on it now, but the ultravac will go back on in about 1.5 months for leaves. The machine cuts awesome. Runs and cuts a lot of grass quickly. The ultravac is the easiest bagging system to empty. Whether the grass and leaves are wet or dry. Only problem I had was with the muffler, but that was fixed and not one other problem.

The ultravac takes about 20 seconds to take off and 20 to put it back on without any tools.

Overall I give the HP an A+. I'm real please with the machine and real glad I bought it. I would do it again.

Hope this helps.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, as far as price. Mine was around $7800 before tax.
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same machine except for mine has a 23 Kohler. I have had mine about 11 months now. I have had no problems with mine and would buy another in a minute. I really like the way mine cuts. I added a York Sheet Metal stripe roller back in June and man this baby will really stripe. The UltraVac is worth its weight in gold, It works great for grass collection and Fall leaf clean up. :) ;) :) ED
  5. EJK2352

Oh yea the price: $8650 UltraVac installed.
  6. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with both of them. I love my HP and would buy another in a second. I actually am buying a second one this week!! The 23 Kaw has power to burn on that machine, you won't regret it. I have replaced an ignition coil and put a stronger spring on the hydro tension pulley. Other than that, it has run perfect.
  7. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'am with the rest of the guys here,I have the same thing w/ the 23hp kaw. and vac and love it!! your price is about right.I also did the spring on the hydro tension pulley and replaced the belt,thats been it.Good luck with it! John
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i have the standard lazer 52 w 20kohler.
    the cats meow
  9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have the 52 lazer, 23 kaw, and ultra vac. It is a time saver and workhorse. I used to use a walkbehind on the leaf cleanups, but when I got the lazer and vac, you wouldn`t believe the time saved on leaf cleanups. For the first time since I have been doing this, I am not bothered that leaf season is just about here. It cuts like a dream.
    I did have some problems with the 23 kaw at first, but the dealer finaly got them straightened out. They had to adjust the high end idle, and something else. My price was in line with the rest of the posts. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DECISION AND YOUR UPCOMMING PURCHASE!!!!;)
    A question for the guys that got the heavier spring. Did the machine start acting up, or what made you want a heavier spring?
    How did you know which spring to get, and did it make a big difference in preformance? THANKS AL
  10. EJK2352

You guys w/ Lazer HP's that use the UltraVac for fall leaf clean up should try the Exmark low lift blades. I got tired of all the blow out on thin lawns last fall, so I asked dealer if there was any way to stop or reduce blow out. He contacted Exmark & they recommended their low lift blades. I put them on and boy it's like running a Hoover over the lawn. There is very little blow out and it vacs excellent. I will put low lifts on when the leaves get heavy in mid October. :) ;) :) ED