Exmark 52" TT or TTHP ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gilla Gorilla, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Im looking at getting a 52" hydro at the end of this season or over the winter possibly.
    I am curouis to here from you guys out there that run or have run a TTHP and or TT and what you suggest looking at getting.
    I know that the TT has the lazer spindles, bigger rear tires and electric start compared to the TTHP but is there a difference in the quality of the cut or anything else noticeable.

I was Quoted $4650.00 for the TTHP by one dealer but have not checked around for any other prices.

Any opinions about these two machines are appriciated

Thanks

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Tracer...More Horses...Deeper Deck....Electric Clutch...Bigger Drive Tires...Basically a WB Lazer....

Only Advantage to 52" TracerHP is Better Trim Side & More Compact....If they put the 23hp Kaw on it Mabe but 17hp...No Thanks!

3. Gilla Gorilla

Thanks man, that was the advise that I am looking for.

4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I have a 48" TTHP 17hp and Im very happy with it over all.

Wish i had
    -more power
    -electric start
    -electric clutch
    -single lever height adjustment

5. Gilla Gorilla

Yeah Ryan, that single leaver height adjustment would be great on walkbehinds. Hopefully exmark is looking into developing something like that for the wb's. That deck can get pretty heavy by the end of the day on a 52" or 60" wb I would imagine

I think that Im going to have to demo the 52" TT. If it is only a couple hundred dollars more then the TTHP than that is kind of a no brainer imo.

6. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

If you want Single Lever Height Adjust on a Walk, Look at Husquarvana....The ETS Controls are Very Similar to ECS....

dscf0189.jpg

7. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Im thinking of building my own single lever height adjustment this winter if i can figure it out. I bet i could sell a few of them.

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

No offense, but that is nothing like the ECS.

9. Ryan Lightning

from CA

Can i get a pic of the deck on the Husky? I cant find a pic to see how they did the height adjustment.

10. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Actually it's Very Close to ECS.....Just Different OPC set-up & Controls set Further in....Both are eXcellent....

husky.jpg