1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 52 TTHP question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AboveTheCut, Sep 12, 2005.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut LawnSite Member

I think I already know the answer to this but is this mower worth $3000? It is used but in what appears to be GREAT shape. It looks as good or better than my Lazer w/120 hours on it. Anyway, I have never used a hydro walk behind before. Man, what a difference. It was a little herky jerky at first but I think I am getting the hang of it. I just want to make sure its as good of a deal as I think it is before I lay down the cash this close to the end of the season. All opinions welcome please.
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Well what year is it? How many hours are on it? If its 3 years or newer then yeah thats a good deal. My 05 went for $5700+tax
  3. AboveTheCut

what year it is or how many hours it has on it. Is there any way that I can tell?
  4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

If it has the ECS grips then its at least a 03' model I beleive.
  5. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

See if there is a date of MFG on the engine sticker. That should give you a good idea.
  6. AboveTheCut

I will have to look for a Manufacture date.
  7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The ECS comes out in 2001 which is the one I have now. You can get the year by calling customer rep at eXmark and tell them your serial number. I got mine last July for $ 2500, super low hrs and mint cond, barely used cause the guy bitched about underpower of 17 kawi, he is so used to his 60"DC with 27 koh, and wanted to cut at 9-10mph speed, but it was my life saver, excellent machine. Since I used 10-30 Amsoil on that motor, it cuts through like workhorse no holding back. Great machine but this is my last eXmark cause I am shopping and saving up for Hustler super mini.
  8. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Above the Cut or A cut Above I see that name everywhere. :)