Exmark 60" or 66" ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lazerj, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Lazerj

Lazerj LawnSite Member

I was planning to upgrade from a 52Bobcat to a 60 Exmark. Now I see where Exmark has a 66". What factors should I take into account when picking between a 60 and 66? Will there be scalping issues with the 66 on uneven ground?

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

it's a 6" difference:rolleyes:

3. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

If you are doing small lawns under .75 acre I don't think you will see much of a difference. You might notice more scalping on uneven ground. However if you have larger properties or you plan on keeping your 52" ztr you could run both a 52" and then the 66"

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I'd rather be staying with Bobcat than buying newer eXmark, cause the X is no longer the same company run like when they were almighty, dealer galore. I would stay away from anything the X just produced this year on forth especially starting from the 26" metro. FYI, I have an 01, 52" TTHP great machine but that is the last of the X I have.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I think I would be looking really strong at the same options from Hustler also.

60" Super Z
    66" Super Z

Wouldn't hurt to check out Lesco/Cub also.

I do want to ask though... any reason you are steering away from Bob-Cat?
    I looked strongly at their updated 2005 models.
    I didn't think they were bad.

6. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

i love my x 31hp 60 inch deck, but at the expo they said they might be putting the 35hp engines on the 66 deck. that would be some nice power, but u gotta have the yards for the 66.

hopefully they put the 35hp on the 60 deck that would be the best for my stuff.

7. jeffh1988

jeffh1988 LawnSite Member
    from MS

Whats your beef with the new exmarks... just wondering i will be in the market in the spring

8. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

A company that is number one in ZTR sales in the USA did not get there by selling shoddy equipment. The 26 was a problem and they know it and they ARE FIXING IT. If you bail on exmark because of one machine that had a problem or because of a bad dealer experience... it's your loss. Your right about one thing, they are not the same company they were, they are much better now.

9. Sawmac

Sawmac LawnSite Member

I agree whole heartedly, every machine I haveis made by x and I haven't had a bit of trouble

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The numbers speak loudly. I'm sorry, but no one can show me any hard evidence that Exmark "isn't the company they once were".