1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 60 " problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jrsimpson77, Jul 15, 2012.

1. jrsimpson77

jrsimpson77 LawnSite Member
    from Utah

So I replaced the spindle housing, spindle, new blades. When I first engaged the blades it was fine then there was a spark. The blades aren't touching anything I can manual spin them around and they don't hit each other or anything else.

Can anyone recommend anything I can check?

What ever it hit it must have not hit it full on because the blades are fine. I can't see any where under the deck where it fit. Is it possible maybe the blades just barley hit each other?

Trying to get this problem fixed....get to work on Sunday.
  2. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

When you prop up the deck like you are going to change the blades, line up the blades to each other and see if they are level when side by side . If they are not level, your deck could be a little bent causing a blade to hit the inside of the deck. Before doing this make sure your blades are not bent.
  3. jrsimpson77

from Utah

Well to start the new spindle housing had a really bad bearing in it....the new blades I ordered all three were the same size the middle one was 3/16 of an inch to big causing it to hit on the right blade. Guess I thought the exmark dealer would send me the right blades. Just took the grinder to it to fix the problem. Thanks for your help.
  4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Sound like a bent spindle shaft
    I called a buddy has Exmark he replace a housing and found out the bearings didnt set in the housing right blades would hit So bought another housing and fix it he sent first one back to the dealer
  5. jrsimpson77

from Utah

Sounds like my exact problem
    Posted via Mobile Device