1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 60" Ultracut or Hustler SZ 60" XR7

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JaysLawns, Mar 12, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns LawnSite Member

Ok guys I need help with deciding on a 2008 Exmark 60" Ultracut Advantage Series 25HP Kohler or 2008 Hustler Super Z 25HP Kawasaki motor. I will be doing a few commercial properties and have many hills to mow over. Which would you recommend? Thanks to all that reply.

2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with the Hustler Z
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If cut quality means anything to you I would go Exmark UltraCut hands down. Its really no contest.
  4. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got both.

If speed is important to you, Hustler is the answer.

If not, eXmark.

The eXmark AS is slow by comparison but has more torque and a more controlled feel. It hard to argue with the reputation of the UltraCut.

5. JaysLawns

sent ya a pm Jim thanks

6. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

The only fair way to get an answer for this question is to target people who have 1 of each, like JIMQ, who operate them each under the same conditions. Otherwise its the same old Ford vs. Dodge vs. Chevy mine is better than yours crap:hammerhead:.
  7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

You said you are doing hills maybe the hustler but the cut of the exmark is way better.
  8. WE MOW IT

WE MOW IT LawnSite Member

I Would Go With A Ferris Is2000 25 Kaw With The 61" Deck, Mowes At 10 Mph With Good Cut. The Deck Is Attached To The Suspension, Really Nice Cut.
  9. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

Which dealer is going to give you better service? I have had Exmark mowers since they came out with the Z's and have good service until now. The dealer grew and now when I have an unfixable problem and bring it to them I have to take a number it will be about 2 weeks. So I searched and found a Hustler dealer closer and was very reluctant at first to buy anything but Exmark. With my new dealer if something happens to mine he lends free a demo unit till mine is fixed:weightlifter: His reply was he wants his demo unit back just as quickly as I want my mower back.... win win situation. :cool2: So ask questions about service.
  10. JaysLawns

both have great service they will lend you a demo so there is no downtime for me, i would really like the exmark because of the quality of cut but just wondering if the 25hp kohhler would be enough for hills. Thanks.