Exmark 60" vs Ferris 48"

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dem, Jan 26, 2004.

1. dem

dem LawnSite Member

Hello All, I have been reading this forum for a whiile and it is awesome.

I have about 1.5 acres of grass with lots of trees and beds to mow around. I did it with my residential tractor last year and it took 2.5+ hours each week. :(

I am looking at 2 used z's.

#1 - 2002 exmark z 60" 23kohler 115 hrs = $5,000

#2 - 2002 Ferris 1000 48" 21Kaw 105hrs = $4,100

Both were used residentially and run great. There are from different local deals who come recommended.

I don't know much about Ferris and the exmark dealer told me they don't cut as nice as exmark (sales pitch :confused: )

Everything I read has me leaning towards the exmark, but I wanted to get some pro's opinion on the Ferris. Thanks in advance!

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

Both are great mowers. For 900 extra$ you get a 60. I would go with the 60in EXMARK can't bet them.
  3. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

5 K will pay for alot of lawn service from a local company.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Read this

5. John Gamba

from ct

With the striping roller you can do this!

6. John Gamba

from ct

they LOVE to play in the grass!

7. mattydjakd

mattydjakd LawnSite Member

Is that not rediculously cheap for that exmark? 5G for a 60" rider with 100 or so hours on it???????? Better buy it before I do!
  8. dem

dem LawnSite Member

In my neck of the woods and with the 1.5 acres I have to mow, 5K will pay for about 50 cuts. Besides, I like the down time of riding around and mowing the yard.

Everyone seems to like the Exmark, i am guessing that either machine would give me a good quality cut.
  9. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a used 2002 Exmark 60" Lazer 23hp kawi with 368 hours on it last weekend and that thing is nice. I have not had a chance to really get out and play with it yet but am really looking forward for the beginning of the season. I have never riden a farris but the exmark is a very nice machine imo.

Have fun which ever way you go
  10. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Go with the exmark ..hands down winner.