1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 66" deck run doubles w/27 HP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajuncreole, Mar 6, 2006.

1. cajuncreole

cajuncreole LawnSite Member

I am upgrading from an Exmark 27 HP Kohler, 52" Ultra Cut deck to a Exmark 27 HP Kohler, 66" Triton deck.

I currently run a double blade set up using gator blades on my 52" deck. Does anyone run doubles on a 66" Triton Deck and if so what is the performance?

Is the 27 HP Kohler enough muscle to run this with doubles?

Dealer Price for 66" 27 HP Kohler is $8,500 is this in the ball park?

I appreciate any feed back. CajunCreole

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

The Triton hasn't been out long enough for many to buy them and use them yet. I would have my doubts about performance with 27 HP in thicker grass with doubles. I would look at the 30 HP Kohler.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The blades are offset on the triton. I would go to the dealer and see if you can.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Off topic but I saw a cutaway view of a triton spindle at my dealer last week and WOW! Those things are HUGE!!!

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You might be able to

799.jpg

6. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

That recess in the blade is diamond shaped so two blade would not stack. I got my 66" XS in the fall and put 19 hours of mow time on it and would have to say there is no need for doubles.

7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Your mower should have enough power. On my 27hp dixie chopper I run double and works out great.

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If the Triton deck is as good as Exmark says it is then you wont need doubles.