Exmark Advantage Series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andersonlawnscape, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

I can't decide which Exmark to get.... I Know I want the advantage series for the ultra cut deck just can't decide which engine. My two choices are a 2006 demo model with 25hp Kohler with 80 hours on it, price on it is 6100. My other one is a 2007 Demo with the Kawasaki 28hp for 7400, Can't decide which one. I hav heard that their were some problems with the Kohler 25hp, but not to sure.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think there were some problems with the 25 Kohler at one time but have since been resolved. I would take the 28 Kaw, no question.

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

the 25 kohler is probably the longest lasting engine they make.

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed. Low on power, though, if thats a 60 inch deck.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

After having a 23 and 27 hp Kohler on a 60" Lazer I would want more than the 25 but that's just my personal choice. I really like all the power I can get.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

If the prices were closer, of course I would lean to the 28hp kawi... because I like kawi more... and for the 3 extra ponies, and the extra TORQUE.

However, $1,300 is quite a premium to pay for it.
    I don't know if I could justify it.

Not that $1,300 is a huge premium to pay over the life of the machine. Especially if it saves you time. It's just that with new purchases, that kind of premium gets you EFI or L/C or Diesel....

I guess in the end, what really matters is how hard you are going to work it regularly. If you are just side discharging weekly lawns, it's likely a waste of $1,300.

7. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

I agree with both tacoma and envy, and thats just my problem. I prefer the Kaw and prefer to have lil more horsepower, but its coming with a pretty big cost, and the majority of the time I am side discharging weekly yards.

8. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey ya all...Some of you may know that I bought a advantages w/the UC Deck...I could not be happier...great machine...I went with the Kawi...the specs and the track record sold me on that.

Now back to the snow site.:waving:

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'd go with the 28 Kawi.

Especially if the 25 Kohler has the smaller rear tires. I think they only ran the 23" tires for that year.

The 28 will have loads more power and torque too.

How many hours on the 28?

10. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

well i can tell you from my experience with both companies, that i wont buy anything but kohler anymore. kohler has a two year warranty, kaw only 1. and i think that the actual tork and hp from the 28 kaw, is the same as the 25 kohler. i know it sounds funny, but that has been my experience with them both. i think a 25 kohler has more power than a 25 kaw.